Advertisement

test

All fluff & no stuff. Roll-ups stink!

I'm a member of a community on the net I know a lot of you are familiar with, it's the Stumbleupon community.

It's an addictive site if you've never tried it, you just click the Stumble button and it takes you to pages you should like based on your picks in preferences when you sign up.

It's kind of like a Pandora for blogging, the theory being that the more sites you rate, the easier it is for SU to find good sites tailored to you. It works, therefore many people find it addictive.

Now you don't have to rate sites, and you can also 'thumbs down' a site like digg & others. I usually never thumbs down a site because I figure it may be a matter of personal taste and if I don't like a site I just won't rate it.

But if there's a rare occasion that I stumble and hate a site, I'll give it a thumbs down.
Today that happened and I want to rant a bit about it. Its a site called Audioforce.net, and the reason I hate it is because it's what one Stumbler (Jawsjr) called a Roll-up so I'll stick with that name.

For the purpose of this post, a 'roll-up is a site that has no content, it's just ads upon ads and links that take you to software or web sites you have to pay for. The whole darn page looked like a giant ad generator. I've seen other stumblers review this site with a thumbs up, but when I read their reviews, it seems most of them never really tried the site, just looked at it. In other words what the site claimed to be about, was great, but none of them had tried it out yet.

Why give a reveiw of something you haven't tried? What a waste of your time.

By the way, the site claimed to be THE source for audio recording tutorials, but when I clicked on over 6 links all I got was a link to another page that was selling audio software.

Beware if you plan on making a site like this, I hear that search engines are figuring how to filter them out and consider them the equivelent of spam.

So thanks for reading and for sticking around through my rant, for that, here's a link to a site with great free recording software.

Till next time,

Peace.

0 comments:

Leave a Reply

Featured Video